About New Venture Theatre
To be a theatre where all the country’s voices, rhythms and cultures collide.
Is to be a performing arts leader that educates our community through high quality productions, both celebrating and informing our audiences on stories of the moment as well as give new life to stories of the past.
Our Core Values
- We exercise and promote art as the driving force of our business
- We are passionate about stories that engage and educate
- We cultivate a professional, relaxed and fun environment
- We foster collaboration and teamwork to achieve excellence
- We believe trust can only be achieved through respect, honesty and open communication
- We achieve quality productions while remaining fiscally responsible
- We strive to surpass consumer expectations
- We understand that innovation is essential to every aspect of our work
- We understand the personal and professional growth of our team is an asset to our business
- We reflect the community we serve by building an equally diverse artistic team
- We cultivate and maintain new audiences
- We promote theatre as being an essential tool needed to create dialogue on current social issues
In 1997, New Venture Theatre (originally Eden Park Theatre) began as a program, created by the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, to enable the performing arts to be more accessible to the underserved. Elliott C. Baham and Greg Williams, Jr. both saw an artistic need in their community and understood how the arts could positively impact and be a wonderful addition to the community center.
New Venture Theatre’s musicals and plays have delighted audiences over the years with such productions as, THE COLOR PURPLE, THE WIZ, A RAISIN IN THE SUN ,LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, DREAMGIRLS, IN THE HEIGHTS and SHOUT! A GOOD NEWS MUSICAL. New Venture Theatre’s mission is to provide not only distinctive and remarkable theatrical experiences for our diverse audiences, but also to develop exceptional local talent. It is New Venture’s belief that we can innovatively create environments that are professional, comfortable and fun, all in a spirit of excellence, quality, and respect.
New Venture Theatre has partnered with over 1,000 artists of all races, social classes, and backgrounds. Our collaboration with various local organizations also enables artistic programming in these groups and positively impacts the community as a whole. At New Venture Theatre, we are passionate about theatre, professional growth, and building a dynamic and powerful artistic community. We hope you will join us to experience extraordinary theatre right here in the Baton Rouge community where voices, rhythms and cultures collide and flourish.
open from 11am – 9pm Mon-Sat or buy online